I like it, looks and plays like a more relaxed version of virus.
A downloadable game for Windows
A Call To Arms
Like a plague of Locusts, not content with having consumed their own planet's natural resources and those of Mars, the Evil Earthlings' next target is Mercury. Defenceless against Earth's War Machine, the Mercurians have issued a plea for assistance, beamed to the outer reaches of the Solar System.
You are the leader of a small band of Martian survivors who have taken refuge on Titan. Armed with only the small but powerful Gunstar Fighter, and a thirst for vengeance, you will answer the call!
- Gameplay influenced by classics such as Zarch, Time Pilot, Asteroids and Starfox.
- Retro multi-directional top-down shooter.
- Physics based mayhem.
- Colourful low-fi Pixel Art.
- 40 waves of action covering 10 zones.
- 50 enemy and friendly ships.
- Boss battles.
- Powerups and Upgrades.
- Allies and frenemies who can help and hinder you including Mercenaries, Brigands, Outlaws, Pirates and Scoundrels.
- Indigenous wildlife.
- Unlockable 'Survival' mode.
- NPC comms system which immerses you in the fight.
- Intuitive controls - best played with Mouse.
- 5 difficulty settings.
- Particles, lots of them!
- Did I mention particles?
For the price of a 1/2 litre of Mercurian Moonshine, can you save Mercury from it's fate and restore order to the Solar System?!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of £1.99 GBP. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Out of curiosity... did you actually manage to beat that final boss? Because I made it to that point in the Campaign, and I don't think it can be done... not unless you get lucky and get Quad Damage twice in a row. His ship's self-healing ability is just too strong.
looks amazing. will need to get a windows machine up and running…
Now this looks like a killer game!